Cut&Paste: Chapter 248 – Xanadu’s last breath

Published by Shiro on

Highest Patreon Supporter: KBKYZD, Abdul Knight for the 100$ dono!!!!(New!) RegisRagnarok, SinAria, Alice and terror100 !!!!!

<<Previous Chapter  I  Table of Content  I Next Chapter>>

Why is the storage bag rampaging around, and because of that I asked Waffle to use 【Demon Eyes of Gravity】 on it.

Decreasing the gravity of my bag, the movement gradually fell to the floor.

「Fufufu, it’s finally time.」

Why is he laughing at a time like this.

….. So, it is his doing.

『Myne~ Myne~ It looks like the Golem is shaking around inside the bag.』

Waffle confirmed it with his presence indicator.

A Golem? But why? I thought I defeated it earlier…..

『Golem? The one that I just defeated?』

『If you don’t destroy the Golem’s core, it would revive again~』

Is that so? No wonder Xanadu knew it was my first time fighting against a Golem.

Looking at the fallen storage bag shaking around, the Mythril Golem finally flew out from within.

『Waffle, do you know how to defeat it?』

『Wafu~ If we find the core, it’s easy~』

Hmm. Problem is locating the core.

If Sylphy or Aisha was here, they would’ve given me some good advice.

…. Wait a minute. I’m so dumb! I can just use 【Telepathy】!

『Aisha, Sylphy, I have a question for the both of you, do you have some time to spare?』

『Hm? Oh Danna-sama…. A question? How’s it going with Xanadu? Have the Gazer appeared?』

『Aah, I’ve safely defeated it. And Xanadu is slowly but surely dying.』

『Oooh, as expected of my Danna-sama!! So, what’s your problem?』

『Well, after defeating the Mythril Golem, it revived again…. And it seems like I have to defeat the core or something.』

『Aah, well obviously, it’s a Golem after all.』

『So you know how to find it then?』

『First, you have to break it into pieces, then leave it for a while. After that, the core will float and slowly bring the pieces back together. And that’s when you strike.』

『Aah, so that’s how you do it.』

『Yeap.』

….. I get it now.

Well then, buffing myself once more, I strike it with 【Martial Arts: Shark Glow】.

Then the Golem fell into pieces like before.

『Waffle, where’s the core?』

『Wait Myne, I’m looking for it.』

Staring at the unmoving Golem for awhile, suddenly a fist-sized mythril floated.

Hm? So that’s the core?

Using 【Presence Detector・L】 on it, it seems that it’s responding with huge amounts of magic.

And looking at it closely, the rest of the pieces did not have any magic at all.

Seems like I hit the jackpot.

『Waffle, GO!』

Giving Waffle the okay, he wagged his tail in excitement before attacking the core.

「Wafu~」

The core then shattered.

Is that over?

「….. Tsk, so you realized it huh. How boring.」

Xanadu who was quiet for a while suddenly spoke with a hint of sarcasm, before his eyes stopped moving.

『Wafu. Xanadu, dead.』

『Sylphy, Aisha….. Xanadu’s dead!』

With that, a huge portion of the demon ally has been taken out.

This will greatly affect Laurasia and Ritz who’s at the front lines.

<<Previous Chapter  I  Table of Content  I Next Chapter>>

Thank you so much to all my patron supporters who have been helping me since the beginning, and to those who are helping me right now as well.

Shiro

Wave your arms around like a kawai twat

11 Comments

blooperfinal · 19th September 2019 at 12:09 AM

thanks for the chapter

Zeth · 19th September 2019 at 1:17 AM

Thank you!

Carmeops Renard · 19th September 2019 at 2:32 AM

surprisingly anticlimatic death, however since the skill cutting was disturbed by the golem resurrection, it seems that he died before losing his skills, so Myne lost an opportunity to get stronger

mark · 19th September 2019 at 3:02 PM

you know what is really crazy, he has yet to go cut the skills of the imprisoned dragons. Why? is it the plan to have the demon king free them and have mine go around slaughtering them?

Metazoxan · 24th February 2020 at 7:20 AM

No I think the author just lost all focus on where to take the story. The Dragon Prison Dungeon is not the only plotline the author was basically abandoned or left to rot while going off on random tangents.

I mean we spend like 5 chapters following the story of a stupid bird and his worthless master! Yeah the bird was cute but we did not need to waste so much time on him!

The excuse was the MC wanted to be able to see racial skills first but after that the author seemingly forgets it’s existence.

xias1 · 20th September 2019 at 3:19 AM

I would not be surprised if Xanadu can activate his skill in advance and cause a time-reversal for himself to happen later on.
    That would mean after Myne leaves the dungeon Xanadu would “revive” by having his own time returned to when he was unharmed.
    What other use is that “time control” skill for otherwise?

After all Xanadu could have used that skill to escape at any time after he lost his first arm due to the magic Myne cast on himself preemptively.

Daiz71 · 19th September 2019 at 4:38 AM

Thanks for the chapter.

CCaprice · 19th September 2019 at 4:50 AM

Thanks for the chapter.

Belkar · 19th September 2019 at 5:09 AM

Thank you!

Jonathan · 22nd September 2019 at 1:37 AM

Myne is probably the dumbest OP MC I’ve ever seen in a story. I mean I’ve seen mentally dumb MCs but they usually can instinctively use their abilities well, and then you have the really smart MCs who use their abilities tactically no matter what. But Myne is both dumb and never uses his abilities smartly ahead of time, he’s always reacting and forgetting stuff. It’s frustrating, but it also makes him more human than some other MCs that used to be normal and then got abilities in all the sudden that they know how to use them perfectly and can plan ahead of any circumstance etc. Still annoying though.

Zebul · 24th January 2020 at 5:09 AM

Hey myne, use your necromancer skill combo on xanadu’s corpse, and make him your slave as undead! If not, you are useless OP char.